Friday, November 26, 2010

Introducing Academic Ventures

This is a question that has almost not allowed me to sleep for close to two years now - how to ensure awesome research in IITs actually benefit the society?. There is a decent amount of high-quality research happening in Indian academic system that just gathers dust due to lack of an ecosystem which can take it to the market. This is what I am going to build over next 5-10 or maybe 20 years.

I am glad to introduce Academic Ventures, my yet another lofty day-dream. This is what I think can get me to my first Billion, that this blog is about. I know it is a tall order. But what the heck, a game has to be worth playing. And I know I am not a bad executor of 'ridiculous ideas'.

From this moment onwards, this would occupy most of my working day. In a remarkable turn of events, I have been sacked from my current job about two hours ago. And strangely, the predominant feeling I have is one of being free. Free as in free bird.

Jolts are good. They send you back to your basics. And if Steve Jobs can come out winning, why can't I? :)

Super interesting times ahead. Keep watching this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment