Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How am I living my life as an entrepreneur?

It's been more than 10 days since I decided to start-up, and each day has been very different from another. For first two days, it was an attempt to welcome the new reality. It was euphoric and idealistic, in a sort of surreal manner. There was a will to make a permanent change to the world. And an optimism that things will soon fall in place.

Next day, I promptly attended by first sales call for Academic Ventures in Delhi. That deal, though free, is now closed underscoring the need and interest in Technology Transfer. Two days later, I realized how old relationships can suddenly turn lucrative with an old friend in Mumbai calling in to seek assistance in transferring a technology.

Day 6 and 7 were tough. To spend a whole day at home alone, without a soul to talk to, is boring. For the first time I realized how important it is to have an office space and to have colleagues. Every day since then, I have made it a point to take time out and meet someone.

Then came my first weekend as an entrepreneur. And what do entrepreneurs do on a weekend? They work! I did give myself a break, but it isn't really break because you can't just stop thinking of your newfound love

The theme over last two days have been productivity. The euphoria of starting up has given way to operational matters of deals, projects, deadlines and customers. A lot of personal travel is up over next 10 days to Indore and Hyderabad. I have already ensured there is work to do there as well :)

Some one said, quite rightly, an entrepreneur lives and sleeps the dream. Perhaps, it is for this reason that starting up brings out the best in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment